Terms and conditions
Hockey Canada Foundation Assist Fund Terms and Conditions regarding the Parent/Legal Guardian
WHEREAS the Hockey Canada Foundation (hereinafter referred to as “HCF” or the “Foundation”) is a not-for-profit charitable corporation that seeks to increase access to hockey for all Canadians by: i) removing barriers to the game; ii) providing resources and tools to better equip kids, parents, and coaches; and iii) promoting nation-building, citizenship, mentorship, and community involvement;
AND WHEREAS HCF has created the Hockey Canada Foundation Assist Fund (the “Assist Fund”), which aims to provide funding to Local Hockey Associations (“LHAs”) on behalf of children who may require financial assistance to pay hockey registration fees;
AND WHEREAS HCF will determine how to distribute the Assist Fund based on applications submitted on behalf of minor hockey players by their parents/guardians (referred to collectively as the “Applicant”);
NOW THEREFORE HCF and the Applicant agree that the following terms and conditions apply with respect to any application submitted by the Applicant to the Assist Fund:
- Overview of Application Process
- HCF has created an online application that the Applicant can use to submit a request for funding on behalf of their child/children. The Applicant will complete a standard form containing the information required by HCF to determine eligibility for funding, as described further in section 2 below.
- In the event the Applicant’s application is approved, approved funds will be issued directly by HCF to the applicable LHA where the Applicant’s child/children will be registered. HCF cannot provide funding directly to the Applicant or any other individual, private or non-registered business, non-profit corporation, or charitable organization.
- Assist Fund Eligibility
- All funding is at the discretion of HCF and funding allocations may be subject to change.
- All applications for funding through the Assist Fund must meet the definition of financially disadvantaged as determined by Federal Low Income Cut-off (“LICO”) Guidelines.
- Applicants must be registering a child with a Hockey Canada-sanctioned local hockey association (HA) for the 2021-22 season.
- In addition to basic information on their child/children, the Applicant will be required to provide proof of household income and/or financial need. HCF has the discretion to request documents to establish financial need, including but not limited to tax filings and bank records.
- In the event that the Applicant is applying to be reimbursed for funds they have already paid to an LHA on behalf of their child/children, then the Applicant will be required to show proof of payment to the LHA.
- Providing information through an application for funding does not imply that funding is approved. Applications for funding can be declined upon review, even if the Applicant establishes financial need. Until the Applicant receives confirmation that funding has been approved or denied, the status of their application is under review.
- Upon approval of funding, it is the responsibility of the Applicant on behalf of their child/children to work directly with the LHA to ensure a spot is available for their child/children in one of the LHA’s programs.
- The Applicant is required to notify HCF as soon as possible if the Applicant’s child/children stop attending a program or if a program is cancelled. In such circumstances, the Applicant must work directly with the LHA to arrange for a refund to HCF before a further application is made to HCF for additional program funding by the Applicant. Failure to properly inform HCF of program cancellation or not taking appropriate steps to arrange for a refund may negatively impact further funding applications made by the Applicant.
- Representations of the Applicant
- The Applicant represents that they are the legal representative of the child/children on whose behalf they are applying, and further represent that they have the appropriate authority to sign a legally binding agreement on behalf of such child/children.
- The Applicant represents and warrants that they are not knowingly submitting fraudulent information in their application and further represents that all such information submitted to HCF is correct in all respects to the best of their knowledge. All such information provided in the Applicant’s application is subject to audit by HCF and, in the case of fraudulent information, HCF is entitled to take appropriate legal actions, including seeking the return of any funds provided to the LHA for the Applicant’s child/children’s programs.
- HCF is committed to securely maintaining personal information that can be linked to an identifiable individual (hereinafter referred to as “Personal Information”) that is submitted along with an application in accordance with all applicable Canadian data protection laws and regulations, including the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.
- Personal Information collected through the application process will only be used in connection with the administration of funding and program participation or as otherwise required by law.
- Personal Information collected through the application process will not be used by HCF for promotional, advertising, or any marketing purpose without the Applicant’s explicit consent.
- General Terms
- By accepting these terms and conditions, the Applicant:
- Agrees that Personal Information provided in their application for funding on behalf of their child/children will be shared the applicable LHA and third parties as may be required in connection with the review and approval process of the application and disbursement of funds.
- Consents to receiving operational email communications and/or telephone calls with regard to the status of their application and funding from HCF. E-mail and/or telephone are the only methods of receiving such notices, and if no e-mail address or telephone number is provided in the application, the system will be unable to inform the Applicant of their application status or approval for funding.
- Acknowledges and agrees that HCF and Hockey Canada are not responsible for the acts or omissions of LHAs or other contracting parties who participate in the administration or delivery of programs and hereby agree that they shall not name HCF or Hockey Canada in any proceeding or claim it may commence against LHAs or other contracting parties relating to such administration or delivery. In the event that the Applicant commences such proceeding or claim against an LHA or other contracting party and HCF or Hockey Canada are added to such proceeding in any manner whatsoever, whether justified in law or not, the Applicant will immediately discontinue the proceedings and/or claim.
- Applicable Law
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Alberta.